Monday, April 18, 2011

A Diwali Alone!

November 4th 2010:
That is 5 days after I moved into my new apartment in Bangalore[to be more precise, as a tenant]. The chaos time of shifting, settling and arranging everything was almost over by this Friday, which is 4th Nov.

I was all set with the Chinese lamp and the brown carpet in my room. It was Diwali on Saturday, which is 5th Nov. I had my day already planned for Diwali. So this was the plan..

1. Waking up at 8 and going for a walk in the park.
**There was this park right opposite to the apartment, where I never went, before or after this mentioned Diwali**

2. Come back and have some breakfast. And then cook some good food.
**Yes! I can cook so**

3. Take a shower and go to the Ganesh Temple on the 100ft Road by around 4.

4. Come back from the temple, light the diyas and do pooja.

5. Have the main meal of the day.
**Can be called as an early dinner**


November 5th 2010:
I woke up 10 AM. The very first thing in the plan itself went for a toss. But rest of the things worked out pretty well. I had breakfast. Cooked. Went to the temple, earlier than expected. In fact I made it to the temple at 3 PM to realize that it will open only at 5. I roamed around alone for a while. Did some window shopping. Still made myself at the temple sharp at 5. Went back home, lit the diyas, did pooja..

And then I stood in the balcony. I could see people enjoying with all these crackers and fireworks. Standing there I remembered all the Diwalis' I celebrated with my sister, mom and dad...the ones which would hardly come again..I left the door open to see the streets..Sat on the carpet with the Chinese lamp on...


For a moment I thought, if I was not alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment