Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wind Chimes!

I always had the habit of collecting wind chimes right from childhood. I remember collecting money for buying those and stuffing them all in my cupboard, because I used to be scared of mom scolding me for buying such 'unnecessary' things. Of course, as per her 10-15 wind chimes sitting in the cupboard was 'unnecessary'.


Lately, I realized that I'm shown as "Chimes" in one of my friends chat list. I was surprised, because I have no clue when I renamed myself to something like that. And what even-more surprising is, I'm shown as 'Chimes' only in his chat list..Strange..But, I felt good remembering that sweet word, one of my favorite words..the singing bells..."Chimes"


As it's said in the movie 'August Rush', There are lot of wind chimes out there in the world to enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha .. looks like the movie has inspired u a little more to write up this post :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a strange childhood habit but one I could relate to, I think wind chimes are amazing, I just didn't really discover them until later in life. Locking them away in your cupboard must've been difficult, knowing that you had these wonderful objects but were unable to hang them in great places and hear their soothing sounds. I sure hope that you've managed to free them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too...Same pinch...but i have just three to number my collections...accidentally, i landed up in your blog as i was googling for the images of windchimes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wind chimes too! A quality bamboo set takes me on vacation without leaving my porch. Here's some great info on bamboo wind chimes- https://www.domesticbamboo.com/wind-chimes

    ReplyDelete